Bastianos Bangka Dive Resort
Bastianos Bangka is our newest dive resort after Bunaken and Lembeh. This resort was build in 2018 with a dream to fulfill our guests’ request to dive in this new dive destination in the area. So then our divers can experience the “Best of North Sulawesi Diving” at the center of Coral Triangle reefs in the Pacific Ocean.
Bastianos Bangka Dive Resort is situated at Busa Bora Beach, the south west of Bangka Island. We have long white-sandy beach facing to the west and you can see an amazing sunset ambiance from our location.
Bastianos Bangka is only 1 hour 30 minutes from Airport or Manado City to Likupang by car, and another 30 minutes boat ride from Likupang until you arrives at the resort.
In Bastianos Bangka we have 5 Superior Beachfront rooms with AC available and they are wooden bungalows with a private balcony and an en-suite bathroom consisting of a shower, with hot water and western-style toilet.
11 Superior Hillside bungalows with AC are available and they are wooden bungalows with a private balcony and an en-suite bathroom consisting of a shower, with hot water and western-style toilet.
10 Standard Hillside accommodation with AC are available for cheaper option they are wooden accommodation with balconies and an en-suite bathroom consisting of a shower, with hot water and western-style toilet.
RESORT FACT SHEET
5 Superior Beachfront
14 Superior Hillside
10 Standard Hillside
Restaurant for up to 60 people
Mini Bar next to the swimming pool
Infinity Swimming Pool
Dive Center : Bastianos Divers
Marine Life Library
24 hours electricity (220V) & security
FREE WiFi Hot Spot around lobby and restaurant area
Traditional Massage Service
Private jetty for better access when low tide and direct access for snorkeling at our house-reef
Diving Around Bangka Archipelago
Diving around Bangka is some combination from both the wall diving in bunaken and muck diving in Lembeh strait. There are more than 40 dives sites around Bangka Archipelago including some muck diving at the mainland which will take you from 5 to 15 minutes boat ride and up to 30 minutes for further distance from Bastianos Bangka Dive Resort. Our house reef is popular as one of the best dive site in the area with a long reef and good for drifting dives.
We will dive mostly dive sites around Bangka Island first and some mainland sites that is not far from our location and for people who are staying longer, we offer some excursion to Talise Island because there are some dive sites there that are not so often to visit but we do trips going there.
You will experience to see healthy reefs both soft and hard corals, amazing underwater pinnacles, walls, caves, sea grass bottom or sandy bays, muck diving with a high diversity of marine life. Dolphins and Dugongs also sometime spotted in the area.
In addition to the great diversity of corals and marine life with the natural talented of our local dive guides, you
Diving around Bangka Archipelago is available all year round, and the conditions do vary. From March to June is the dry season but sometimes we still have some days with rains. November to February is generally wet because this is the rainy season for Indonesia , and July to October is windy, the wind is blowing from the
Diving with Bastianos Divers
Bastianos Divers is a PADI Dive Center member (R-34063) since 2004.
The team of Bastianos Divers at Bangka are professional staff with many years experienced diving in this area. We are proud that all of our dive guides are locals from Manado, Bangka Island, Bunaken Island and surrounding area know the diving conditions very well.
Dive Center Fact Sheet
2 Compressors run by electric powers
4 modern built diving boats
A dedicated camera room for divers to keep and stored their underwater camera or housing, working table for assemble before and after dive, to be use as recharging station for digital compact cameras or sports cameras
Drying room for stored your wet equipment after our staff rinse them for you
1st aid oxygene in every dive boats and one stored in our dive shop at the resort
Local dive guides and all of them have a natural behave as spotters underwater to show you some marine life that you would probably not aware of it
Dive Guide Ratio 1 : 4 (1 for up to 4 diving guests at similar level of experience)
Daily Dive Schedule
|08:00 am||Morning dives, 2 dives ( 1 hour surface interval on
the boat between dives)
|15:00 pm||Afternoon dive, 1 dive|
|17:30 pm / 18:00 pm||Mandarin dive / Night dive, 1 dive|
Fun Dives House Rules & Safe Diving Practice
- In Bunaken and Bangka, we offer a maximum 70 minutes dive time including safety stop or when your air supply reaches 50 bar, whichever comes first.
- In Lembeh, due to the high demand of searching for the critters, we understand that longer bottom time is necessary. We offer longer dive but limited to your air consumption. 50 bar is your time limit.
- For your own safety and as part of our safe diving practices, when your air supply reaches to 50 bars, you must do the recommended 3 minutes safety stop at 5 meters and end the dive.
- Maximum depth for Open water diver is 18 meters.
- Maximum depth for Advanced Open Water Diver or higher certification is 30 meters, exception for Deep Diver Specialty.
- Decompression dive is strictly prohibited.
- For your comfort underwater, our dive guide to divers ratio is 1: 4
Facilities & Service On Our Dive Boat
- Oxygen First Aid
- Fresh water for your camera
- Coffee, tea and drinking water are provided on the diving boat at every dive.
- Snacks and fruits are provided for morning dives, during your surface interval.
- Towels will be provided to each diver. Your towel will be change every 3 days
- Our boat crew will assemble your dive gear. However, it is your responsibility as a diver to make sure your equipment is working properly and you have all the equipment you need for the dive before the boat leaves the resort.
- Our boat crew will take care of the rinsing of your equipment at the end of your dive.
Enriched Air (Nitrox) Dive
- Every diver should analyze their own tank and set the percentage of oxygen on their dive computer and strictly follow the MOD.
- We will require every diver to provide us with their Enriched air certification for diving with nitrox.
ARTIFICIAL REEF PROJECT
There is a project of Artificial Reef at our house-reef in Bangka, initiated by our in-house Marine Biologist Barney Seier
In Bangka, we are offering wide-range PADI Courses from beginners and to those who wants to upgrade their dive license .. > more
BANGKA LAND TOUR
We have designed a half day tour to explore Bangka Island start from Lihunu Village where we are located. There are many interesting things to see during the tour. This will be available soon …
If your are non-divers, and do not want to sign up any scuba courses for beginners, you can join our divers’ boat for snorkeling. In Bangka, you can see many things as the water is very clear with great visibility from surface.