Bastianos Froggies Lembeh
Our operation in Lembeh was started 2006 and at the early 2022 we are re-locating to a new location that is formerly Froggies Diver Lembeh (click here for our re-locating announcement) – on the west coast of Lembeh Island – overlooking the strait. Accommodation at Bastianos Froggies Lembeh are in traditional wooden cottages with western style bathroom and hot water.
The transfer by car from the airport or from Manado city center to Bitung harbor takes about 1.5 hours. From Bitung to the Bastianos Froggies Lembeh on Lembeh Island it takes about 15 minutes by boat.
Superior Beachfront / Hillside
There are 5 Superior Beachfront and 7 Superior Hillside rooms with AC available and they are wooden accommodation with a private verandah and an en-suite bathroom consisting of a shower, with hot water and western-style toilet.
We have 4 Standard Hillside rooms with AC available and they are 2 rooms under 1 bungalow roof and we have 2 of them. Each room have an en-suite bathroom consisting of a shower, with hot water and western-style toilet.
Resort Fact Sheet
5 Superior Beachfront
7 Superior Hillside
4 Standard Hillside
Restaurant for up to 40 people
Dive Center : Bastianos Divers
Marine Life Library
24 hours electricity (220V) & security
FREE WiFi Hot Spot around lobby and restaurant area
Traditional Massage Service
Diving Around Lembeh Strait
Lembeh Island lies directly opposite the port city of Bitung, which is the 2nd largest city in Northern Sulawesi after Manado. Between Bitung and Lembeh Island you find the Lembeh Strait, internationally famous for its amazing muck diving conditions. Lembeh Strait is a dive area rich with life. You can see more macro subjects here than you ever dreamed possible. The area of Lembeh is rich in dark volcanic sand, which is partially responsible for the rich marine life.
Larry Smith pioneered diving in Lembeh Strait in the early/mid 1990’s and he is the one who introduced the magnificent of muck diving to everyone and he claimed that Lembeh strait is one of the best muck diving destination in the world.
Diving around Lembeh Strait is mild, easy and shallow. Most of the dive sites here are in 15 meters and maximum depth is around 25 meters.
Lembeh’s low surge and mild currents make it ideal for macro and super-macro photography. Visibility is usually never great, but is always good enough for macro. While most famous for macro, Lembeh also has a decent number of wrecks, and a couple wide-angle spots to the north. Although finding rare critters is easier in Lembeh than in most other dive destinations, the Lembeh Strait is much more than just the renowned muck-diving capital of the world.
Diving with Bastianos Divers
Bastianos Divers is a PADI Dive Center member (R-34063) since 2004.
The team of Bastianos Divers at Lembeh are professional staff with many years experienced diving in the area. We are proud that all of our dive guides are locals from Manado and surrounding area know the diving conditions very well. All of them are talented people with outstanding skill in spotting critters with their “magic eyes”.
Dive Center Fact Sheet
2 Compressors run by electric powers
3 modern built diving boats
A dedicated camera room for divers to keep and stored their underwater camera or housing, working table for assemble before and after dive, to be use as recharging station for digital compact cameras or sports cameras
Drying room for stored your wet equipment after our staff rinse them for you
1st aid oxygene in every dive boats and one stored in our dive shop at the resort
Local dive guides and all of them have a natural behave as spotters underwater to show you some marine life that you would probably not aware of it
Daily Dive Schedule
|08:00 am||Morning dives, 2 dives ( 1 hour surface interval on
the boat between dives)
|15:00 pm||Afternoon dive, 1 dive|
|17:30 pm / 18:00 pm||Mandarin dive / Night dive, 1 dive|
Fun Dives House Rules & Safe Diving Practice
- In Bunaken and Bangka, we offer a maximum 70 minutes dive time including safety stop or when your air supply reaches 50 bar, whichever comes first.
- In Lembeh, due to the high demand of searching for the critters, we understand that longer bottom time is necessary. We offer longer dive but limited to your air consumption. 50 bar is your time limit.
- For your own safety and as part of our safe diving practices, when your air supply reaches to 50 bars, you must do the recommended 3 minutes safety stop at 5 meters and end the dive.
- Maximum depth for Open water diver is 18 meters.
- Maximum depth for Advanced Open Water Diver or higher certification is 30 meters, exception for Deep Diver Specialty.
- Decompression dive is strictly prohibited.
- For your comfort underwater, our dive guide to divers ratio is 1: 4
Facilities & Service On Our Dive Boat
- Oxygen First Aid
- Fresh water for your camera
- Coffee, tea and drinking water are provided on the diving boat at every dive.
- Snacks and fruits are provided for morning dives, during your surface interval.
- Towels will be provided to each diver. Your towel will be change every 3 days
- Our boat crew will assemble your dive gear. However, it is your responsibility as a diver to make sure your equipment is working properly and you have all the equipment you need for the dive before the boat leaves the resort.
- Our boat crew will take care of the rinsing of your equipment at the end of your dive.
Enriched Air (Nitrox) Dive
- Every diver should analyze their own tank and set the percentage of oxygen on their dive computer and strictly follow the MOD.
- We will require every diver to provide us with their Enriched air certification for diving with nitrox.
TOUR FROM LEMBEH
ARTIFICIAL REEF PROJECT
In Lembeh, we are offering wide-range PADI Courses from beginners and to those who wants to upgrade their dive license .. > more
If your are non-divers, and do not want to sign up any scuba courses for beginners, you can join our divers’ boat for snorkeling. In Lembeh, although famous for much diving but we also have some sites that have beautiful corals that you can enjoy surrounding with some reef fishes.
Tangkoko Tour is the most guests popular land tour attraction while staying in Lembeh. Although you can also request other tours from here.
The new artificial reef in the house reef of Bastianos Froggies Lembeh Dive Resort should be stocked with corals as well as be attractive for fish.